Chemin de Fer is a popular baccarat variation enjoyed by many globally. This casino game is not available at many casinos in Australia. However, there are a number of casino sites in Australia that offer Chemin de Fer baccarat.
In this guide our team of experts have listed the best gambling sites where you can access Chemin de Fer. We will share the rules, strategies and tips to win the game. If this is what you are looking for, continue reading this guide.
Best Chemin De Fer Casinos
Basic Chemin De Fer Baccarat Rules
There are numerous casinos in Australia that offer Chemin de Fer. This version of baccarat offers thrill and excitement. It is perfect for high rollers who have a big budget to spend. This casino game has a smaller house edge compared to the traditional version. This is the reason why this game is perfect for high rollers.
Here are some common rules of the game:
- Firstly, each hand starts with two cards while the third is dealt optionally.
- In this game, court cards are valued at 0 and the rest have face value. Once the values are summed the person with cards nearest to 9 wins. If the sum exceeds 9, the value will return to 0.
- The odds on whether to take a third card or stick are pretty straightforward. In essence, if the sum is four or below, you should take a card, stick if it is a six or above and the odds are almost equal if the sum is five.
- Most of the house rules basically require the banker and player to play the odds. The freedom of choice a player has is whether to ask for a third card or not when the sum is five.
- The banker on the other hand has a bit more freedom and is able to draw on three, four, five or six. This depends on the player’s third card which is face-up.
How To Always Win at Chemin De Fer Baccarat
You will find tips on how to consistently win at baccarat. Although this is a game of chance, it does require some skill. This is a game that involves the player also known as the Punto and the banker also referred to as Banco. The customised baccarat table holds an average of 14 players.
The game uses eight decks of cards and they are kept in a shoe which is the dealing box. This is also called the bank.
Baccarat game rules are straightforward. When the game starts each round, also known as a coup, the player and the banker are dealt two cards each. As the round progresses, there is an option for further cards to be dealt. The player needs to bet on who they think will win real money.
Chemin De Fer Baccarat Real Money
When playing baccarat for real money it is important that players notice the difference between the bets and the varying return to player rates (RTP). It will put you at an advantage to know the payout rate for bets on ties. This is usually 98.84% on the dealer’s hand while it is a measly 85.56% for the player. However, these numbers should not be taken as a guarantee for anything.
The best Chemin De Fer baccarat casinos have more than just this game available. The site you decide to play at should be licensed and regulated. We recommend that you check that the operator has the right licences.
To make your life a whole lot easier, we have compiled a list of the best sites that are vetted and regulated. These sites feature an all-round gaming experience.
Play Chemin De Fer Free
You can play Chemin De Fer Baccarat online for free and test the game’s strategy. Playing a free demo is a great way to learn how to play this version of baccarat. The free play version gives players an opportunity to experiment with some baccarat tips and tricks.
You can play the more aggressive style games without risking your hard-earned money. Therefore, we recommend that you play free games before you can start playing for real money. One thing you will notice whether you play for free or real money is that the game has the same visuals and layout.
Chemin De Fer Baccarat: Game Buttons
- Clear All: This is the button that clears all the bets placed on the table.
- “X” Chip: The “X” chip is used by players to remove their bet.
- Chip: Players use this button to select the chip they want to bet on.
- Rebet: With this button players can place the same initial bet as the one they placed prior.
- Deal: Once a bet has been placed, players can use this bet to start a round.
Chemin De Fer Baccarat Strategy
To successfully play the Chemin De Fer Baccarat game, a player needs, to use the right betting system. The best strategy is to bet on the Banker until it loses. You can switch to the player but when the player loses, return to the banker. Additionally, the player needs to keep an eye on the bankroll. This will keep them from betting every round. Due to the fact that the game is volatile, it is important that players apply the optimal strategy. The player who achieves a hand closer to nine is a winner.
Card Values in Chemin De Fer Baccarat
Chemin De Fer Baccarat is played with eight decks of cards that have values ranging from 2 to 9. The aces bring one point. All Queens, Kings, Jacks or any other combination are worth zero points. This includes face cards and 10s. Much like other baccarat games, this version should not exceed nine.
In essence, the total of the cards is a two-digit number. A value of 10 is subtracted from the total value of the hand. Therefore, a hand of a 4 and a 7 will be seen as a one.
Once the dealer has announced the point count of the Banker hand and the Player hand an additional card will be drawn for each hand. The banker will always draw on totals of 5-4-3-2-1 and 0 and stand on 9-8-7 and 6. And the Player stands on 6 or 7.